Tuesday 14 April 2009

Mindy Kaling's blog

Mindy Kaling, best known for playing Kelly on the office, has a blog where she discusses, "things I bought that I love: a place to discuss things we've bought that are frivolous and fun". I feel like she is trying really hard to maintain her down to earth aura. She writes, "Please no one think I always wear, like Comme des Garcons. I love shopping at Opening Ceremony. First of all, unlike any other boutique, it’s not remotely girly. It’s kind of stark and artsy, in a good way. It’s like, curated. Each room is like another exhibit, and the designers are those infuriating insanely talented FIT kids making asymmetrical sacks look sexy and stuff. Vena Cava, Acne, Proenza Schouler, you get it. Stuff you try on and are like, “wow, a $375 top marked down from $800.” and gingerly put it back on the hanger feeling like someone might run in and bust you for trying to be awesome. So, yeah, I don’t wear Comme de Garcons. Except this fucking insanely cute heart cardigan."
Now I am just so so SO disappointed in this blog. Mindy is one of the writers for The Office and she is absolutely hilarious on it! Her girlie charm is somewhat lost here, unfortunately. Her use of the word 'like' so often is really distracting, and I don't think she buys enough exciting things. (it's not like she is Jane from Sea of Shoes).....

No comments:

Post a Comment