Sunday 10 May 2009

Spring 09: Round Sunglasses

I know at least among my group of friends, this trend has been a hot topic of debate. Despite the never-ending John Lenon references directed at anyone donning such shades, they are quickly becoming a hot 'must-have' item for Spring 09. While I only recall a couple people who have successfully pulled this look off (Mary-Kate Olson, my friend Stevie who is a make-up artist..) " a diverse group of designers embraced the trend" this season including Proenza Schouler, House of Holland, and Ralph Lauren(!!). What do you readers think about this trend?

Proenza Schouler S09

2 comments:

  1. if you have the right face for round shades, more power to you! they are whimsical and fun, but definitely not for everyone. i like the ones with metal frames better- the thick plastic ones are a little much.

    now i want to go find a pair and see if they work...

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious--I would also like to see if these would work on my face. But my puffy hair renders any sunglasses frame ridiculous. So I don't wear sunglasses and I'll just have to deal with getting cataracts later in life. Oh well. Beauty is pain.

    --Ceci

    ReplyDelete