Thursday 6 May 2010

Keep It Fresh, Keep It Classy: In the End...

Hello folks, it's been a while, I know. My day job as a student of this fine institution we call home as interfered with my comings and goings in the Interwebs. But I am here now for a bloggy farewell for the year and perhaps deposit some helpful advice on you kiddos one last time. Mainly, there is no one "right" way to dress. To each is own, as they say. My own writings on this blog are, if you haven't figured it out yet, opinions. I have suggested you follow them, but if you don't want to, fine. I see a lot of kids here wearing some of the most outrageous clothing imaginable (read: mom jeans, torn t-shirts, etc.). If that's really the way you wanna dress, go for it. I need to make sure, however, that this message shines through. Dress for yourself, not for others. I realize "hipster" somehow has evolved into a slur of sorts (I'm not sure why), and no one wants to be called one. But for those of you who accept the term, or secretly accept it, I was sort of addressing those last comments to you. It shouldn't matter if your favorite band or best friends dress a certain way. Dress like you want, nobody else. I realize many of you probably do dress for yourselves and more power to you. I just find it hard to believe that EVERYONE could dress EXACTLY THE SAME WAY without somewhat consciously trying to impersonate one another. But hey, I could be wrong. Anyway, have fun with your clothes (and life). Dress the way that makes you feel good, and have a rip-roaring summer, kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment