Whether you're in the thralls of final exams or just down right home sick, Sautéed Kale and Bean Salad is a great meal to make when you've got a hankering for some home-style comfort food. Not only is it a quick and easy vegan-friendly dish, but it is also chalk-full of protein, iron, and other key nutrients!
Here's what you're gonna need:
- 1/2 Cup White Onions
- 3 Tb Garlic
- 1 Cup Kale
- 1/2 Cup Beans
- Enough Olive Oil to Cover Pan
- Red Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- After several minutes, add red pepper, garlic, onions on medium heat until onions are golden (Be care to NEVER EVER EVER EVER burn the garlic; from one chef to another, it will ruin your dish).
- Throw your beans in the pan and cook for about five minutes or until they become slightly browned.
- Add kale and cook until it becomes soft.
- Add salt to taste.
- Empty your fry pan onto your plate, place pan on cleaning station, return to table and enjoy the fact that you have once again successfully avoided the Deece once again!
Peace, Love, and Bacon Grease,
VC Eating Club
Prepared by: Michael Gambardella, Amy Sullivan, and Saskia Comess
Photography: Michael Gambardella