Monday 16 February 2009

RIP, favorite shirt


Today I returned from a weekend trip to Seville to discover that I left my favorite vintage rik-rak blouse in the hotel room. NO.

It got me thinking about all the lost luggage in all the world, and as it turns out, much of it goes to a store in Scottsboro, Indiana called the Unclaimed Baggage Center. The rather uncreative name doesn't do this treasure trove justice. The store is brimming with chatchkies found in lost or left behind suitcases. Check out this story from their website:

"An old, well-worn Gucci suitcase was opened at the store. At first it appeared it was filled with nothing but paper, but tucked inside were Egyptian artifacts dating back to 1500 B.C., including a mummified falcon and a shrunken head."

They can keep the shrunken head, but I'll gladly take the suitcase and the falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment