Wednesday 13 May 2009

CARINE

Carine on Jeans:
"I only wear jeans and flat shoes when I am on holiday, never for work. Jeans suit me very well but it's not for me anymore. It's horrible to say but it has something to do with age. I have good legs, so I prefer my skirt lengths and my high heels. It's like my uniform. I never wear jeans. Jeans are for my assistants."

Carine on Cartier:
"Do you know why? Because Cartier is the jewelry you give to your mistress. It is not the jewelry you buy for your wife. I heard that and it might be totally wrong, but it is this idea and I love Cartier because of that"I love her. Carine Roitfeld (for those of you who don't know) is the Editor of French Vogue. She is also the best dressed woman in the world and has the most impeccable taste. She is a photographer and has been featured on The Sartorialist several times. Carine is the mother of Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, who has become a starlet herself in the fashion world. Anna Wintour Who????

Read more from the Goddess of all things Fashion here.

3 comments:

  1. I love her. I love how smart French Vogue is. Although, I have to wonder if this whole Rotfield/Wintour rivalry came out of The Devil Wears Prada. Did it exist before the movie? *Confused*

    --Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carine in NYMag: "People always say that I weigh my staff, and it is totally wrong. All my girls are very skinny and very chic and very beautiful. And if they are not beautiful, well, then they are very charming. So people always say that I weigh them, but no. I don't weigh my girls." She makes me want to be french.... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. money does not style buy.

    ReplyDelete